Adaptive Learning Management Platform for STEM
Project Code 2021-1-IT02-KA220-HED-000029370
ALEMP acronym forAdaptive Learning Management Platform for STEMis a three-year project co-financed by the Erasmus + Program of the European Commission (Key Action 220, higher education sector).
This project was promoted and coordinated by U4Learn Srl, the first University of Palermo spin-off, which boasts extensive cultural and technological expertise in the field of learning and adaptive teaching and in the management and production of e-learning platforms for the university study of STEM.
The ALEMP partnership is made up of UNIVERZITA PAVLA JOZEFA SAFARIKA V KOSICIACH, based in Kosice, Slovakia University of Palermo, based in Palermo - Italy, University of Patras, based in Patras - Greece, and Idrisi Cultura e Sviluppo.
Through the implementation of the Project, the partnership aims to pursue several objectives:
1) create an advanced and intelligent e-learning platform, specifically focused on the management of exercises / quizzes mainly in the STEM field, in particular for Physics and Mathematics
2) provide teachers with a reference point for the creation, sharing, collection and delivery of quiz exercises, which also offers them the tools to monitor the learning level of learners
3) equipe the academic authorities, at local, regional and national level, with a useful tool for real-time monitoring of the learning level of large cohorts of students, also being able to have tools for historical analysis (trend) as well as for geographic analysis
4) offer students a tool that allows them to stay in broad contact with the teacher, to have a highly capable document / didactic repository and an intelligent platform to the student's profile adapt the training path
5) contribute to research in the field of teaching methodologies and technologies, while at the same time offering a valuable tool to the scientific community in the field of adaptive learning, e-learning functionality and new educational experiments for higher education.
In the framework of ALEMP, Idrisi Culture and Development is primarily responsible for point # 5, also dealing with communication, dissemination, multiplication and visibility: Idrisi's goal is, in detail, to disseminate the contents of ALEMP in the school sector, i.e. by modeling the project tools so that they are also functional for teaching STEM in school and not only in university.
The project started on 1 December 2021 and will end on 30 November 2024.